Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another good one for red pepper fans. From Good Housekeeping.
Make and share this Roasted Red Pepper & Herb Dip recipe from Food.com.
- ---To roast pepper---.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line broiling pan (without rack) with aluminum foil.
- Cut pepper lengthwise in half, discard stem and seeds.
- Arrange halves, cut side down, in broiling pan.
- Place broiling pan in broiler 5 to 6 inches from source of heat and broil pepper until it's blackened and blistered, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Wrap foil around pepper and allow to steam at room temperature 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Remove pepper from foil.
- Peel off skin and discard.
- Cut each pepper half into 4 pieces.
- --To prepare dip--.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, blend roasted pepper with cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl, stir in parsley, chives, and thyme.
- Cover and refrigerate if not serving right away.
If I hadn't already roasted red peppers and had extra, I may not have rated as highly if I DID need to spend the time roasting. I wasn't that impressed. It needs a little zip, so I may add a dash of cayenne next time. It made a deep reddish color and everyone was expecting a hot flavor (we're from the South where spice is a big addition to almost everything). I made a double batch and have about 90% leftover, so I'm searching for a dish I can make where the red pepper dip can be an addition. Wish me luck!
A great roasted red pepper dip, I didn't have all the herbs in the house and it was still great without the thyme and parsley. Thanks, Jess96