Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a beautiful molded torte, great for parties, poolside or orther. It makes a beautiful centerpiece, for any season! I get more requests for this, so I make up a few little recipe cards and place them under the plate that the dip is in! At least I know where they are and I don't have to leave the room! The flavors are delish, and I'm sure you'll agree with me! You can make this up to 1 day ahead to let the flavors set. I did not add in the chilling time or the overnight chilling time..
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, divided use
- 3 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 ounces smoked ham, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons madeira wine, divided use (can use Port)
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cubed ham
- Place 1/2 cup butter,3oz. cream cheese, 4oz. chopped ham,1 tablespoons wine and white pepper. Process until smooth. Remove to small bowl, cover and chill.
- In processor, process another 1/2 cup butter, 3 oz. cream cheese, the parsley, green onion, 1 tablespoons wine, and white pepper. Remove to small bowl; cover and chill.
- Process remaining butter, cream cheese, the red peppers, remaining wine, white pepper to taste, until smooth; remove to small bowl, cover and chill.
- Line a glass 2-qt. bowl or 9-inch pie plate with plstic wrap. Sprinkle in cubed ham. Spread the ham mixture, spread the red peppers, mix and top with a layer of the parsley mix. Cover and chill over night.
- Unmold onto serving plate; let sit at room temperature for an hour before serving.