Recipe by -Sylvie-
This comes from a supermarket's food club magazine. I love halloumi and I love grilled food, so I'll have to try this. I posted it here for safekeeping and also because it fits so well into the ZWT 2006. It's easiest to remove the skin of the peppers by placing them under a grill or directly onto a gas burner until the skin is black nd bubles. The place in a plastic food bag and set aside for an 30 minutes to one hour. Now the skin should come off easily. Cooking time does not include the time it takes to skin the peppers.
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeds and skin removed, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g halloumi cheese
- 4 tablespoons tapenade
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the halloumi cheese into four thick slices.
- Lay four of the pepper quarters onto a chopping board or any other clean surface, with the (what used to be the )skin side down, spread with the tapenade.
- Place a slice of halloumi on top and sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Place the other pepper quarters on top and press down lightly.
- Brush with a little olive oil and fry in a griddle pan or place on your bbq until the peppers begin to char and the cheese starts to soften. It should take about 5 minutes on each side.