Prep 30 mins
Cook 37 mins
I love crstini, and this is a particularly delicious version. The red pepper and feta pair very well.This a recipe from my mom.It's a great appetizer for parties.
- 1 head garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed & drained
- 0.5 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1 French baguette
- Cut off pointed end of garlic bulb, place on a piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Fold foil to seal.
- Bake at 425F for 30 minutes; cool. Squeeze pulp from garlic.
- Process garlic pulp, 2 tablespoons olive oil, beans and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add half of cheese, and pulse 5 or 6 times.
- Cut bread at diagonal, into 24 (1/4 inch) slices. Arrange on baking sheet, brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoons bean mixture on 1 side of each bread slice, and sprinkle bread slices with rest of feta.
- Bake at 350F for 5-7 minutes.