Recipe by invictus
The Ski House cookbook
Top Review by appleydapply
This was very tasty; it reminded me of a hummus dip. I usually have the ingredients on hand, so I will definitely be making it again when I have a hankering for hummus but don't want to go to the store. The one drawback is that it looked unappealing. I might try layering the chopped peppers and feta on top of the processed beans next time for a prettier presentation. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, peppers, lemon juice, garlic, oil, cayenne, salt, and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until smooth.
- Add the feta and oregano and pulse to combine.
- Transfer contents to a small bowl and serve with pita wedges.