Recipe by MrsBritt
I love ditalini. It always turns into goulash for leftovers, but I like it best before it absorbs that much moisture.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 red peppers, roasted (Notes below)
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup ditalini
Directions See How It's Made
- TO ROAST RED PEPPERS: Cut peppers in quarters, cutting off the top and bottom, scoop out flesh inside and place skin-side up in broiler. Broil until skin on peppers are completely blackened. Let cool and peel off skin.
- In skillet, saute butter, onion, green pepper until both are soft. Add garlic and saute 2 min more.
- Process roasted red peppers until smooth. Add 2 cans diced tomatoes until combined but still slightly chunky. Add this to skillet.
- Add beef broth and tomato sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add ditalini to soup, let simmer 8-10 minutes more or until tender.