Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love ditalini. It always turns into goulash for leftovers, but I like it best before it absorbs that much moisture.
- TO ROAST RED PEPPERS: Cut peppers in quarters, cutting off the top and bottom, scoop out flesh inside and place skin-side up in broiler. Broil until skin on peppers are completely blackened. Let cool and peel off skin.
- In skillet, saute butter, onion, green pepper until both are soft. Add garlic and saute 2 min more.
- Process roasted red peppers until smooth. Add 2 cans diced tomatoes until combined but still slightly chunky. Add this to skillet.
- Add beef broth and tomato sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add ditalini to soup, let simmer 8-10 minutes more or until tender.