Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender jar, and process until thoroughly blended.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Serve with assorted fresh cut vegetables.
Very simple and tasty. Crumbled feta added some body to the dip.
Loved this dip for it's ease and taste. Holidays are on us and I have been searching for recipes that are quick and healthy. My particular variation used fat free sour cream to meet the needs of the WW Core program. Since it is a bit more liquid than reduced fat sour cream, I reduced the amount to 2/3 cup. Should mention this does not store as well as I would like as the first day was great but eventually the garlic gets a little too strong for most tastes. Definitely make smaller batches according to your needs. Serves with fresh veggies and baked pita chips.
Don't let the color of this dip scare you or your guests! This is a delicious change from the usual dips. I found it had a surprisingly light flavor, and recieved lovely comment. Thanks for the post!