Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend of ours from Austin made this as an appetizer on our latest ski trip and it was gobbled up in minutes! Thought I'd share this easy and delicious dip with the rest of my fellow Zaars!
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 3⁄4 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 c. mayonnaise and 1/2 c. sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Mix all ingredients together and spread in a shallow, oven-proof dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or till hot and bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve warm with your favorite crackers or chips.
My brother's girlfriend had a babyshower this past weekend and I made all the dishes for her. I told her about this recipe. I made it for the babyshaoer and got winderful reviews from it. Everyone fell in love with it and have asked me for the recipe. I was surprise because they are use to the tradtional rotel dip. This is a hit and I will be making it from now on for family gatherings. Kudos to Leslie, this is a winner...please give it a try. Tondra from TN
Wow! This dip is so yummy. I made this for my sister's baby shower last weekend and everyone loved it. I had many requests for the recipe! I used a 12 OUNCE jar of roasted red peppers because I really love the taste of the peppers. I also used 1/2 lb. of Monterey Jack cheese and a 1/4 lb. of Co-Jack cheese. That is because I didn't have enough of the one kind. I used 1 TB of grated onion and 1/2 cup of mayo and 1/2 cup of sour cream. It turned out perfect. Thanks for such a great recipe. I'll definitely be making it for future get togethers!
Made this last night. It was good! Great to have a warm dip. I used light cream cheese and light mayo. Still great! Easy too!