Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was clearing out all the supermarket recipe leaflets and cards and all the cut out recipes that kept piling up in my kitchen. I thought I'd post the ones that I liked the look and sound of here, to share and for future reference. This way you might find something you like and my kitchen gets decluttered! If you try it before me let me know what you think. This is from Tesco's 'Simple Steps to a Healthier 2007'. Cooking time does not include time it needs to chill.
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and de-seeded
- 4 ounces Quark or 4 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the peppers skin side up under a hot grill until the skin is black (approx. 20 mins).
- Place them in a sandwich bag, seal it and leave for 10 minutes.
- Now you should be able to remove the charred skin really easily.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving, that allows the flavours to develop and blend.
- Serve as a dip with vegetables or bread.