Hag chef's Note:
A delicious blend of roasted red peppers, onion, garlic, basil and light cream. This can also be made with jarred roasted red peppers, but definitely worth the effort to roast them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast peppers: Turn burner to high.
- 2Impale a red pepper on a long-handled fork and hold over high heat, turning to char skin evenly.
- 3When skin is brown and crackly, immediately plunge pepper in a bowl of ice water; the skin will fall away.
- 4Repeat with remaining peppers.
- 5Seed peppers and chop coarsely.
- 6Alternatively, broil peppers in a preheated broiler 4 inches from element, turning to char all sides evenly.
- 7Combine oil, onions, garlic, basil, salt, cayenne, 3 turns of pepper and roasted peppers in a medium saucepan.
- 8Cook 3 minutes over high heat.
- 9Stir in stock and 1/4 cup cream and bring to a boil.
- 10Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- 11Purée red pepper mixture in food processor or with a hand blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 12Return red pepper soup to pan with remaining cream and heat on medium-low heat before serving, garnished with basil chiffonade.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Cream Soup
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 248.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g