Recipe by Bealicious
Couscous is one of my favorite pastas because it's so quick and so versatile. I made up this side dish, but it changes each time I make it.
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 roasted red pepper, packed in water. (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parsley, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up the roasted red pepper and let drain while you do next step.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup water, olive oil, salt, cumin, garlic, and allspice. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and sprinkle with parsley. Cover and remove from heat immediately, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.