Recipe by Serah B.
This recipe was accompanying a Chickpea Stew in the book 125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes. The stew wasn't our favorite, but we LOVE this coulis. We put it on bread, black bean burgers, pasta, casseroles...you name it.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 10 basil leaves, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. (I use my toaster oven).
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and roast until all sides are blackened (about 25 minutes) turning occasionally.
- Cool peppers, lift off skins, then cut in half and core.
- In a food processor combine peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil leaves. Process until smooth.