1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Pepper Coconut Soup
Kozmic Blues's Note:
From the Moosewood Restaurant! I took home an entire tray of roasted red peppers from a reception we had at work. This was the perfect recipe to use up a good portion of them. Feel free to adjust the heat to suit your tastes. The original recipe is listed below, however, I actually used LESS crushed red pepper (which is totally NOT like me) and it was perfect! This was so quick, easy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 red bell peppers, roasted, seeded and peeled or 2 (13 ounce) jars roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1Warm oil over medium heat in large stock pot.
- 2Add the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and sauté for about 15 minutes, until the onions are very soft and translucent.
- 3Remove the pot from the heat and add the tomatoes, coconut milk, water, and the roasted red peppers.
- 4In batches in a blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- 5Return it to the soup pot and cook on medium heat until hot.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 505.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat coconut milk