Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve this with grilled seafood, chicken or lamb. From Bon Appetit.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red jalapeno chilies, seeded and chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Char the bell peppers over a gas flame or in the broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in a paper bag and let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed, and slice the peppers.
- Toast coriander and cumin seeds in a small frying pan (dry) over medium heat until aromatic. Cool and grind in a spice grinder.
- Blend walnuts, oil, cilantro, chilies, bell peppers and the ground seeds in a processor until just smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for up to 1 day, and serve with grilled seafood.
This is amazing! I was looking for a dip/salsa and thought this may work and.... wow! Have since made it for fish and the flavors are sensational.