Recipe by BamaBelle30
Extremely flavorful pasta dish that is quick to prepare! (You could substitute extra chicken stock for the wine, if desired.)
Top Review by vrvrvr
We loved this. I followed it exactly except for the quantity of pasta. 8 oz. pasta seemed the perfect amount for the sauce. With crunchy bread and a salad this made a wonderful dinner. Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. If too dry, add water, 2 tablespoons at a time. Stir in peppers and thyme. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth and wine. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add sauce in batches to a food processor or blender. Stir in half and half and salt; whirl to a puree.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until firm, but tender. Drain well.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl. Toss with sauce. Stir in basil.