Recipe by G.I. Joe Girl
Several years ago I attended a wedding at Pinehurst Resort in N.C. This bisque was served and I absolutely loved it! I wrote to the resort and asked if they would share the recipe and they did! I'm posting it here so I never lose it. PS: I'm not really sure about the prep/cooking time since I have not made it yet and the time was not included in the recipe.
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded
- 2 ounces yellow onions, large dice
- 1 ounce celery, large dice
- 1 ounce leek, sliced and rinsed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄8 quart heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1⁄2 ounce chevre cheese
- 1⁄8 lb roux
- salt & white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, heat clarified butter and sweat celery, onion, leeks and garlic until tender. Add roasted red peppers and tomato paste. Cook briefly then add roux and cook until roux is softened and hot. Add chicken stock and mix well with wire whip to avoid lumps. Continue to stir until soup comes to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let simmer until roasted red peppers break down. Add heavy cream and crumbled chevre cheese and again bring to a boil. Place soup in blender and puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper. Strain soup through china cap.