Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This soup is delicious even in the summer and the peppers can be roasted on the grill. The creme fraiche really makes it. Although this is a "cheat" version, it is still tasty.
- 1 head garlic
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 4 large tomatoes
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 4.92 ml dried dill (or use fresh dill)
- pre-heat oven broiler.
- lay tin foil onto a cookie sheet
- cut peppers in half, remove seeds and the stem, cut the top off the head of garlic and rub with olive oil, salt and pepper, cut tomatoes in half and place on foil and place under broiler.
- remove tomatoes after 5 minutes.
- remove peppers and garlic after 10 minutes, wrap in the foil and set aside until cooled enough to handle.
- heat remaining oil in a medium pot on medium-low heat
- peel tomatoes and peppers (skins will slip off easily) and squeeze garlic out and add everything to the pot as well as chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- puree the soup (in a blender or with a hand blender) and add sugar.
- season to taste and simmer for 10 minutes.
- CREME FRAICHE.
- whip cream briskly until stiff.
- gently fold wipped cream, sour cream and dill together
- add a healthy dollop onto every steamy bowl of soup.