1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup With Dill Creme Fraiche
This soup is delicious even in the summer and the peppers can be roasted on the grill. The creme fraiche really makes it. Although this is a "cheat" version, it is still tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head garlic
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2pre-heat oven broiler.
- 3lay tin foil onto a cookie sheet
- 4cut peppers in half, remove seeds and the stem, cut the top off the head of garlic and rub with olive oil, salt and pepper, cut tomatoes in half and place on foil and place under broiler.
- 5remove tomatoes after 5 minutes.
- 6remove peppers and garlic after 10 minutes, wrap in the foil and set aside until cooled enough to handle.
- 7heat remaining oil in a medium pot on medium-low heat
- 8peel tomatoes and peppers (skins will slip off easily) and squeeze garlic out and add everything to the pot as well as chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9puree the soup (in a blender or with a hand blender) and add sugar.
- 10season to taste and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 11CREME FRAICHE.
- 12whip cream briskly until stiff.
- 13gently fold wipped cream, sour cream and dill together
- 14add a healthy dollop onto every steamy bowl of soup.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup With Dill Creme Fraiche
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 114.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g