This is my ultimate comfort food on a cold day or night. It is rich and tasty with some crusty bread. ** THIS DOESN'T RECOGNIZE FIRE ROASTED TOMATOES so If you can't find pre-roasted tomatoes, just roast canned tomatoes in the oven with the peppers (reserving the juice in a bowl).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast peppers in a 400°F oven until skin is blackened. Let rest then peel off the skin and chop.
- 2Briefly chop shallots and crush the garlic and sauté in medium pot with small amount of oil. Add tomatoes with juice and chopped peppers and cook on high for 15 minutes until tender.
- 3Add chicken stock and spices. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes. If you have an immersion blender, puree the soup to desired consistency. If you don't have immersion blender, pour into table top blender and do same, but make sure you crack the lid slightly when pureeing so it doesn't explode out! (I talk from a wall covered in soup experience!).
- 4*** If you like a more spicy soup, you can add chili powder to taste
- 5This serves 4 small bowls or for me 1 large now and 1 large bowl for later :).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g