Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Roasting the vegetables enhances the flavour of this soup. In the summer, I've been known to do this over the barbecue. I believe I clipped this recipe from Canadian Living magazine. NOTE: Prep time is time it takes for the vegetables to roast.
- 3 red peppers, sweet, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt, Balkan style
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a roasting pan, toss together the peppers, potatoes, onion, garlic, oil, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Roast @ 425*, for 1 hour, or until tender and golden around the edges. Make sure you stir the vegetables at least once during cooking.
- In a food processor, puree the vegetables with stock in batches. Strain into a large pot.
- Whisk in 1 cup water.
- Bring soup to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve, topped with the yogurt that's been mixed with the parsley.