1 hr 5 mins
Sweet PQ?'s Note:
Roasting the vegetables enhances the flavour of this soup. In the summer, I've been known to do this over the barbecue. I believe I clipped this recipe from Canadian Living magazine. NOTE: Prep time is time it takes for the vegetables to roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 red peppers, sweet, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt, Balkan style
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a roasting pan, toss together the peppers, potatoes, onion, garlic, oil, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
- 2Roast @ 425*, for 1 hour, or until tender and golden around the edges. Make sure you stir the vegetables at least once during cooking.
- 3In a food processor, puree the vegetables with stock in batches. Strain into a large pot.
- 4Whisk in 1 cup water.
- 5Bring soup to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Serve, topped with the yogurt that's been mixed with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.6
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 548.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: