Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A co-worker of mine brought this soup to work and wanted me to try it. I wasn't too thrilled because I'm not too much into tomatoes. One taste and I was hooked and begged her to get me the recipe. As soon as I got the recipe I went out the same night and bought all the ingredients...it was that good. (Please note that prep time does not include soaking the sun-dried tomatoes)
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in warm water for about an hour to rehydrate them.
- Place your olive oil in a pan and add onions and cook for about 7- 10 minutes until soft but do not let them brown or turn color.
- Add in your chicken broth, drained rehydrated tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh tomatoes and salt and pepper and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup in a blender and process until blended very well and you have a smooth consistency.
- Pass soup through a strainer to remove all the vegetable skins.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.