Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A co-worker of mine brought this soup to work and wanted me to try it. I wasn't too thrilled because I'm not too much into tomatoes. One taste and I was hooked and begged her to get me the recipe. As soon as I got the recipe I went out the same night and bought all the ingredients...it was that good. (Please note that prep time does not include soaking the sun-dried tomatoes)
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in warm water for about an hour to rehydrate them.
- Place your olive oil in a pan and add onions and cook for about 7- 10 minutes until soft but do not let them brown or turn color.
- Add in your chicken broth, drained rehydrated tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh tomatoes and salt and pepper and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup in a blender and process until blended very well and you have a smooth consistency.
- Pass soup through a strainer to remove all the vegetable skins.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
I made this today, following the recipe to a T and it was excellant!! This one is definately a keeper! It's very unique, and something I'd definately make for company. Straining it was a bit of a pain in the a$$, as all I had to work with was a mesh strainer and a rubber spatula but I didn't have anything else to do and it was well worth the effort. Thanks so much for posting!!
This was an easy soup to make, and the ingredients tend to be around most of the time in my pantry. I thought it was a bit tart after I blended it with my immersion blender, so I added about a cup of evaporated milk. This smoothed out the tartness a bit, and also gave me an additional serving! I did not bother straining it, although I would if I were making this for company.
Delicious! I followed the recipe as is except I doubled it (so I could have leftovers) and used veggie boullion instead of chicken broth so I could keep this vegetarian.