Jeanette G's Note:
A co-worker of mine brought this soup to work and wanted me to try it. I wasn't too thrilled because I'm not too much into tomatoes. One taste and I was hooked and begged her to get me the recipe. As soon as I got the recipe I went out the same night and bought all the ingredients...it was that good. (Please note that prep time does not include soaking the sun-dried tomatoes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in warm water for about an hour to rehydrate them.
- 2Place your olive oil in a pan and add onions and cook for about 7- 10 minutes until soft but do not let them brown or turn color.
- 3Add in your chicken broth, drained rehydrated tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh tomatoes and salt and pepper and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 4Pour the soup in a blender and process until blended very well and you have a smooth consistency.
- 5Pass soup through a strainer to remove all the vegetable skins.
- 6Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper and Sun-Dried Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1068.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g