1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Pepper and Parmesan Biscuits
Chef Regina V. Smith's Note:
This recipe is from the May 1991 issue of Gourmet Magazine. It is a nice twist on plain old biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into bits
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper, drained, patted dry and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the flour, the baking powder, the salt, the cayenne and a pinch of black pepper.
- 3Add the butter and blend the mixture until it resembles a coarse meal.
- 4Add the roasted peppers, the Parmesan and the milk and stir the mixture until it just forms a dough.
- 5Drop the dough in 6 mounds about 2 inches apart onto buttered baking sheet and bake the biscuits in the middle of the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until they are cooked through and slightly golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper and Parmesan Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 393.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g