Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so easy, and sooooo much better than store-bought. Hope you'll give it a try sometime!
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 12 fresh basil leaves, can sub about 1/2 tsp. dried
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- bagel chips, and or vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place quartered onion in small baking dish. Drizzle oil over.
- Bake until soft, about 45 minutes. Cool.
- Puree onion with roasted red peppers and basil leaves in food processor.
- Add cream cheese and blend just until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, pulse to blend.
- Transfer to medium bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Place dip in center of platter/serving plate and surround with bagel chips and/or cut fresh vegetables.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.