Recipe by Heavens Kitchen
This recipe came from a day that I didn't have much in the house. It was definately time for a trip to the supermarket. I found a few simple things and turned it into this wonderful breakfast that will sure please!
- 7 eggs (whipped)
- 1 whole roasted red pepper (diced)
- 2 italian sausage links (hot or mild)
- fresh parmesan cheese (to taste)
- grated romano cheese (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ounces field baby greens
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle one round of olive oil in the pan. Let it heat up on med-low heat. When at the desirable temperature, add the whipped eggs. Let the eggs cook for about 3-4 minutes or until they are cooked through a bit on the bottom. Add the roasted red peppers. Change to low heat.
- Dice up the sausage into medium chunks. Sautee' with olive oil and black pepper in a seperate pan until browned. Add to the eggs.
- Let sit on low heat until it is cooked through. Take the spatula and lift around the circumference of the pan to lift frittata and move to a large plate or cutting board.
- In a small bowl, add balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to taste. Whisk, add black pepper. Whisk again until a vinagrette is achieved.
- In a larger bowl, toss the greens with the balsamic vinegarette. Put the salad to the side.
- Cut the frittata into triangular pieces, like a pizza. Place each one on a seperate plate, top with salad and enjoy!