Top Review by Chippie1
This was a very pretty dressing to serve with our chicken & spinach salad, but unfortunately was on the bland side. Maybe will try again and add some oregano & parsley or some other spices. Even though we didn't rave over this one, I thought I would at least take some photos of the dressing so everyone else can admire its look.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup prepared roasted red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, medium minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- white pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Hold red pepper over a flame, turning it until evenly charred.
- Or cut it in half, rub with oil, and place under the broiler until blackened.
- Wrap in a plastic bag and set aside to cool.
- Scrape off the burned skin and remove seeds and stem.
- In bowl of blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade, place red pepper, vinegar, and garlic.
- Process until pepper is pureed.
- With machine running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until fully combined.
- Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.