Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
The sauce for this lasagna is stolen from Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo, except I nixed the salt due to dietary needs.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 lb whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- fresh ground pepper
- Roast red peppers (see Recipe #18589 for instructions).
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Steam chicken, cut into thin pieces.
- Cook olive oil and garlic in a large skillet at medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Add half the chicken chicken and 1/2 cup cheese and toss well.
- Add milk, stir and raise to medium high heat for about 2 minutes.
- To prevent curdling, mix yogurt with the rest of the chicken pieces in a separate bowl.
- Turn off heat, return mixture to skillet and mix well.
- In lasagna pan, layer chicken and sauce, roasted red peppers, and noodles.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 just until hot.
A LOT of effort. It seemed like it was going to be bland, so we added spinach and a pinch of cayenne pepper. It also was very watery, so we added 1/2 package of neufchatel and a couple of spoonfuls of light sour cream to thicken it up. Even with these additions, it was bland enough that we probably won't make it again. It also takes forever to make.