Recipe by Leither
My husband found this recipe on the British Medical Journal Website! Its from a competition amongst doctors to create a polymeal, which is a meal containing vital ingredients for a healthy heart. This was our favourite part of the meal.
Top Review by Kendra Jean's Kitchen
Thank you, Leither, this is wonderful. We have a dip similar to this and have been searching for the recipe. We really enjoyed the refreshing taste and beautiful color. Thanks again for posting this great recipe, KendraJean
- 80 g almonds, shelled
- 285 g roasted red peppers packed in oil (reserve 2 tablespoons of olive oil from the jars)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
- Place almonds on a baking tray and roast for 8 minutes until just golden.
- Allow to cool slightly then whiz in a blender until fine.
- Drain the peppers reserving 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add the peppers, garlic and vinegar to the blender and whiz until coarse.
- With the machine running pour in the oil.
- Season and serve with any raw vegetables you like to use for dipping.