1/5 Photos of Roasted Red Onions With Thyme and Butter
I love onions! Red onions are some of my favorite because they have such a wonderful taste when roasted. I got this recipe from Jaime Oliver. I hope you will agree it's a wonderful recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Remove the 1st layer of skin from the onions. With a knife take off the bottom core end of the onion to give it a flat base.
- 3Make two cuts in the top in a cross shape cutting 1/2 way through the onion (Do not cut through into quarters!).
- 4Mush the butter and thyme together, and then push into the gaps of the onions. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- 5Cook the onions tightly packed in a earthen ware dish on a light bed of sea salt.
- 6Place in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Onions With Thyme and Butter
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 74.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g