Recipe by Tish
I love onions! Red onions are some of my favorite because they have such a wonderful taste when roasted. I got this recipe from Jaime Oliver. I hope you will agree it's a wonderful recipe
- 8 medium red onions (equal size, med-large)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 ounce packed thyme, rinsed and picked
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, fresh ground to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the 1st layer of skin from the onions. With a knife take off the bottom core end of the onion to give it a flat base.
- Make two cuts in the top in a cross shape cutting 1/2 way through the onion (Do not cut through into quarters!).
- Mush the butter and thyme together, and then push into the gaps of the onions. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the onions tightly packed in a earthen ware dish on a light bed of sea salt.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.