Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love onions! Red onions are some of my favorite because they have such a wonderful taste when roasted. I got this recipe from Jaime Oliver. I hope you will agree it's a wonderful recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the 1st layer of skin from the onions. With a knife take off the bottom core end of the onion to give it a flat base.
- Make two cuts in the top in a cross shape cutting 1/2 way through the onion (Do not cut through into quarters!).
- Mush the butter and thyme together, and then push into the gaps of the onions. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the onions tightly packed in a earthen ware dish on a light bed of sea salt.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.
These sound really good-It's Vidalia onion season-will try this recipe with vidalia's instead of red and see how it turns out. Yumm!!!!
MMMMM! I halved the recipe and served as a side with Greek Pork Chops # 112915. The onions were sweet and the thyme gives them a nice flavor.
This was pretty good, but after I took it out at 35 minutes, I knew that I wanted it more carmalized. I turned the oven up to 450 and cooked another 20 minutes.