Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A dazzling, different accompaniment to an elegant meal, particularly Fillet of Beef With Cognac Sauce. Prep time does not include 1 hour chilling time for the butter.
Blue Cheese and Walnut Butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces blue cheese, room temperature (such as Stilton or Danish blue)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsley chopped walnuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Roasted Red Onions
- 10 medium red onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Make Blue Cheese and Walnut Butter: Combine butter and cheese; stir in nuts and pepper. Scrap onto plastic wrap; shape into 6-inch log. Wrap and chill until firm, 1 hour. (Makes about 1 cup.).
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel onions and brush lightly with oil. Place in shallow 11x7-inch baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and brush with pan juices. Bake uncovered until tender when pierced with skewer, 25-30 minutes.
- Cut 10 slices from the blue cheese butter; place 1 slice on each onion. Cover and keep warm. Serve alongside entree.
Very Very tasty flavored nut butter.. Made recipe as posted as we enjoyed these with some sirloin steaks tonight. Defiately worth making again. Made for New Zaar tag..