Roasted Red Onions With Blue Cheese-Nut Butter
- Make Blue Cheese and Walnut Butter: Combine butter and cheese; stir in nuts and pepper. Scrap onto plastic wrap; shape into 6-inch log. Wrap and chill until firm, 1 hour. (Makes about 1 cup.).
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel onions and brush lightly with oil. Place in shallow 11x7-inch baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and brush with pan juices. Bake uncovered until tender when pierced with skewer, 25-30 minutes.
- Cut 10 slices from the blue cheese butter; place 1 slice on each onion. Cover and keep warm. Serve alongside entree.