1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Onions with Balsamic Vinegar
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 35 mins
The sweetness of the onion and the flavour of the vinegar make this a hearty fall side dish. If you are using a well aged expensive balsamic vinegar the sugar may not be needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove papery skin from onions, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Roast, uncovered, in a small pan at 375 for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 3Remove onions and keep warm.
- 4Put water and vinegar in pan and boil 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Mixture should reduce to about 1/4 cup.
- 6Remove from heat and add brown sugar.
- 7Cut onions in half and drizzle with vinegar mixture.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Onions with Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g