Recipe by Tebo
The sweetness of the onion and the flavour of the vinegar make this a hearty fall side dish. If you are using a well aged expensive balsamic vinegar the sugar may not be needed.
- 6 medium red onions, about 3" diameter
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove papery skin from onions, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, in a small pan at 375 for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove onions and keep warm.
- Put water and vinegar in pan and boil 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mixture should reduce to about 1/4 cup.
- Remove from heat and add brown sugar.
- Cut onions in half and drizzle with vinegar mixture.