Recipe by Mouse1967
I found this recipe in Splendid soups by James Peterson. It is very easy and so delicious!!!
- 4 -6 large red onions, peeled, hairy root end cut off and quartered
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss onion & garlic with olive oil in roasting pan ( make sure they fit comfortably, not too much space in between or else they'll burn).
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Onions should be evenly carmelized.
- Put roasting pan on top of stove at Medium heat, pour in 2 cups of broth. Scrape bottom of pan to remove any bits.
- Transfer to blender, working in batches, puree about 1 minute. Then put finished batch in new pot with remaining broth.
- Add cream, salt and pepper to taste, and balsamic vinegar.