Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe was given to me by a friend who is a chef. It has an unusual flavour if you are tired of the standard soup "fare".
- 4 red capsicums
- 1 kg roma tomato
- 1 red onion
- 2 teaspoons sumaq
- 2 teaspoons panch phoron
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 liter vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut capsicum in half and deseed.
- Place on baking tray.
- Halve tomatoes and sprinkle with all the seasonings and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut onion into 8ths for roasting.
- Roast all the vegetables at 200 degrees C until capsicum skins are blackened, and the others are cooked.
- Peel skin off cpasicums when cool (you can place then when hot in plastic bags and seal to sweat so skin comes off easily).
- Process all the vegetables until smooth.
- Add vegetable stock and heat.