Recipe by jade louise
A really lovely recipe that goes well with chicken. Using fresh ingredients for this recipe makes it taste so much better--you won't be disappointed.
- 2 red capsicums
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 -3 garlic clove, crushed
- 425 g chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 375 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut capsicums into quarters, remove the seeds, Grill capsicum skin side up until blackened.
- Cool in a plastic bag for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel away the skin and cut roughly.
- Heat oil in pan; cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the tomatoes, parsley and basil, tomato paste, sugar and 375 ml of water.
- Add the chopped capsicum and cook on low heat for 45 minutes to an hour stirring often.
- You can purée this sauce or just have it as it is.
- Serve with chicken.