Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in the New Idea magazine and it works very well.
Make and share this Roasted Red Capsicum recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and place the capsicums on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, or until the skin has blistered and turned slightly black.
- Place the capsicums in a plastic bag until cool.
- Peel the skin off the capsicums, trim any pith and remove all the seeds.
- Place the capsicum flesh into hot sterilised jars.
- Pour in the olive oil to cover.
- Seal immediately and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
A perfect and very easy way of roasting bell peppers. I love the flavour of roasted veggies, but always had trouble with storing it. Thanks to your recipe, this is now no longer a propblem! :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Tis!
Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #45 October 2010.
How simple is this? A great recipe. My only problem was my olive oil, perhaps not the greatest quality it solidified in the fridge so I had to let it "melt" before using the capsicum.