Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
What makes these Spanish? Why, it's the inclusion of sherry vinegar. Another winner from Jose Andres.
- Heat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Brush the peppers with a thin film of the olive oil and place them in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning them over every 10 minutes until all sides are browned. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the peppers to cool.
- Peel, seed and tear them into strips. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the peppers and water, cover the pan, and cook on low heat until sauce has a silky texture and becomes emulsified, about 30 minutes.
- Add the sherry vinegar, salt to taste, and the parsley. Serve at room temperature or allow to cool.
Absolutely beautiful and the fact it remains great at room temperature makes it a great accompaniment for other classy dishes because it can be prepared a little ahead of time. Only change I made to suit what I had on hand was to use regular parsley.