Recipe by Rinshinomori
What makes these Spanish? Why, it's the inclusion of sherry vinegar. Another winner from Jose Andres.
Top Review by Peter J
Absolutely beautiful and the fact it remains great at room temperature makes it a great accompaniment for other classy dishes because it can be prepared a little ahead of time. Only change I made to suit what I had on hand was to use regular parsley.
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (preferably Spanish)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Brush the peppers with a thin film of the olive oil and place them in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning them over every 10 minutes until all sides are browned. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the peppers to cool.
- Peel, seed and tear them into strips. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the peppers and water, cover the pan, and cook on low heat until sauce has a silky texture and becomes emulsified, about 30 minutes.
- Add the sherry vinegar, salt to taste, and the parsley. Serve at room temperature or allow to cool.