Cook1 hr 10 mins
What makes these Spanish? Why, it's the inclusion of sherry vinegar. Another winner from Jose Andres.
- Heat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Brush the peppers with a thin film of the olive oil and place them in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning them over every 10 minutes until all sides are browned. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the peppers to cool.
- Peel, seed and tear them into strips. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until brown, about 1 minute.
- Add the peppers and water, cover the pan, and cook on low heat until sauce has a silky texture and becomes emulsified, about 30 minutes.
- Add the sherry vinegar, salt to taste, and the parsley. Serve at room temperature or allow to cool.