1 hr 5 mins
Dave Newcombe's Note:
Here is a good recipe for Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup, based on a dish served at the Red Devil Restaurant in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill the peppers, turning frequently, until bla ckened all over.
- 2Peel off the skin.
- 3Gently wipe or scrape off any remaining black stuff from the outside. Cut open and discard seeds and white insides.
- 4Do not wash as this will flush away much of the flavour.
- 5Puree peppers and tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
- 6Strain out seeds.
- 7Place pepper/tomato mixture in a saucepan.
- 8Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for about 25 minutes.
- 9Add remaining ingredients except butter and basil.
- 10Simmer uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat. Set pan in ice water and gradually whisk in butter.
- 12Cool, cover and refrigerate overnight. Next day, heat gently, garnish with basil and serve. Note: This soup is quite mild.
- 13Some people might like to add a little zing, like maybe a dash of Tabasco.
- 14Dave Newcombe reply:daven at primeline dot net.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: