1/2 Photos of Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
Wonderful, hearty soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Broil peppers (with oven door partially open) 5 minutes each side or till blistering. Remove from roasting pan, place in dish, cover with clingfilm and leave ten minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine.
- 3Add onions and sauté till soft, but not brown.
- 4Remove skin from peppers, chop coarsely and add to onions. Pour in stock and spices plus a squeeze of lemon.
- 5Simmer 20-30 minutes uncovered.
- 6Remove from heat, allow to cool and then process in batches so that the soup is a little chunky but not puréed.
- 7Before serving, add sour cream or half-and-half and heat through.
- 8Will keep well in fridge 2-3 days. Can also be frozen.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g