Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful, hearty soup.
Make and share this Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Broil peppers (with oven door partially open) 5 minutes each side or till blistering. Remove from roasting pan, place in dish, cover with clingfilm and leave ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine.
- Add onions and sauté till soft, but not brown.
- Remove skin from peppers, chop coarsely and add to onions. Pour in stock and spices plus a squeeze of lemon.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and then process in batches so that the soup is a little chunky but not puréed.
- Before serving, add sour cream or half-and-half and heat through.
- Will keep well in fridge 2-3 days. Can also be frozen.
I used butter. I didn't use the lemon juice. I used half-and-half cream. This is very yummy. Great flavors. Thanks grapefruit :) Made for Healthy tag game
Made for PAC Fall 2007! This was a great soup, that would be wonderful with a side salad for lunch! I made this as a dish for dinner tonight, and it had a great taste. I made sure not to pulse it too long, so there were tiny bits of red pepper that had a nice watery taste to them. Thanks for the recipe, grapefruit!