Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love roasted red bell peppers, increase the amount used. I usually decrease them a bit.
- 16 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, slivered
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- romaine lettuce leaf, chopped
- In a small bowl, toss all ingredients together, except lettuce.
- Place lettuce on a dinner plate.
- Spoon pepper-bean salad over lettuce.
- You can make ahead and refrigerate, just bring back to room temperature before serving.