Recipe by Che~Sara`
In Los Angeles, my cousin made variations of this every single night and it is the best combination of flavors for a pasta that I have ever had! Everyone I have made it for has begged me to make it again and again... but always use SHREDDED parmesan! (Great with French Bread)
Top Review by cause4chubbyhubby
Yummy and satisfying! I wanted to make this a main dish, so I added some shrimp and crab in with the peppers. What a fantastic blending of flavors! Thank you for providing the perfect recipe for my Valentine's Day dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 (12 ounce) packages penne pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) containershredded parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- garlic, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil on medium to high heat in large skillet or wok.
- Add mushrooms, onions and all seasonings and saute for 15 to 20 minutes (Stir-fry style).
- Meanwhile, slice roasted red bell peppers as desired.
- Add the peppers to onions and mushrooms and continue to saute for another 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Toss contents of skillet in with pasta and the parmesan cheese (I always serve more parmesan in a separate bowl as well).