In Los Angeles, my cousin made variations of this every single night and it is the best combination of flavors for a pasta that I have ever had! Everyone I have made it for has begged me to make it again and again... but always use SHREDDED parmesan! (Great with French Bread)
- Heat olive oil on medium to high heat in large skillet or wok.
- Add mushrooms, onions and all seasonings and saute for 15 to 20 minutes (Stir-fry style).
- Meanwhile, slice roasted red bell peppers as desired.
- Add the peppers to onions and mushrooms and continue to saute for another 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Toss contents of skillet in with pasta and the parmesan cheese (I always serve more parmesan in a separate bowl as well).