Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you love hummus, this recipe is worth trying! This takes only minutes to make but must be chilled for for a couple of hours before serving. Serve this with tortilla chips. Adjust all ingredients to taste.
Top Review by susnrob
This is very similar to hummus that I get at a local health food store, but better because I can make it at home and control what ingredients go in it! LOVE IT! Thanks for posting!
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and chopped (can use more)
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Process all the ingredients except the olive oil and cilantro (start with 1 teaspoon salt) until smooth.
- With the processor running pour the oil in through the chute in a slow steady stream; process until smooth.
- Season with more salt if desired and stir in the cilantro.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours before serving.