Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine.
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, as required
- Cut bell pepper in half.
- Grill, turning oregularly, until the skin is blackened.
- Remove from heat.
- Place in a plastic sandwich bag for 15 minutes.
- Remove bell pepper from bag after 15 minutes and peel it to remove stalk and seeds.
- Slice thinly.
- Combine bell pepper with lemon juice and salt.
- Process till it becomes a smooth paste in your blender or mixer.
- Add butter, pepper and dried basil.
- Mix well.
- For a smooth paste, blend in a little olive oil, a tsp.
- at a time, until the ingredients hold together.
- Serve with fish, vegetables or on warm bread.
- Store this butter refrigerated for upto 1 week and frozen for upto 1 month.