Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Pasta. This makes enough sauce for one pound of pasta.
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Puree ricotta, roasted red peppers, oil, Parmesan, and garlic in a food processor.
- Stir in parsley and oregano. Toss with hot pasta and serve.
I tried this recipe as is and then tasted it and it was extremely bland. I added more garlic, more parmesan, some salt and pepper and tried it again and it was a little better. After adding pasta to the sauce, it again, tasted bland. I am not sure what I could have added to make it taste better. It just wasn't an exciting sauce.