Recipe by Dawnab
This is a wonderful dip for crackers, the sweetness of the peppers is mellowed with the spicyness of the garlic. I use one fresh lime for the juice, it works fine. Very elegant looking on a cracker tray and it is also good on veggies.
Top Review by Bill Hilbrich
New cooks might want to know that bell peppers can be roasted by sticking them with a long fork and holding them over a flame until the skin is charred. Then put them, while still hot, into a closed brown paper bag and the steam will loosen the skin. Red Bell Peppers are a little sweeter than the green ones, but also more expensive. A frugel cook can use the green peppers and add a little sugar to the dip.
- 2 roasted red peppers, peeled and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- thin crackers or toasted baguette, sliced