1/1 Photo of Roasted Ratatouille With Lentils
Made this up last night & it is FABULOUS. It is very good at room temperature and the flavors improve as it sits, so it would work well made ahead for a picnic or potluck dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup le puy French lentils
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 medium eggplants, cubed
- 3 medium zucchini, halved & sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled, halved & sliced
- 6 roma tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled & halved
- 2 tablespoons crushed rosemary (or minced)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Combine lentils through rosemary in a 3qt saucepan. Bring to a simmer, cover & cook on low 20 minutes.
- 3Put prepared vegetables on roasting pans (I need 3 of them - 1 for eggplant, 1 for tomatoes, zucchini & onions, 1 for peppers & garlic). Sprinkle evenly with crushed rosemary then drizzle with olive oil, coating vegetables well.
- 4Roast for 20 minutes. Check for doneness - they should be browned lightly & softened. If not quite ready, leave them in until they are. When done, remove from oven & sprinkle lightly & evenly with kosher salt.
- 5Check lentils: they should be cooked but not mushy. If there is still a lot of liquid, uncover & turn heat up. You want enough liquid to be saucy not soupy. On the drier side is ok, just be careful not to scorch them.
- 6Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Ratatouille With Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 864.8
- Calories from Fat 509
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1345.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.0 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence