Recipe by English_Rose
Oven-cooked ratatouille is one of the summer's simplest suppers. Serve with rice, pasta or some nice warm garlic bread.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
This is my 1st try at ratatouille and I really enjoyed this recipe. All the vegys are great together and I especially liked the cheddar/garlic crumb topping. For a change I didn't increase the garlic, I found the amount perfect. I did find the recipe made way more than 4 (side-dish) servings though... more for 2nds. Definately something I'd make again, thanks for sharing.
- 2 red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced diagonally into thick slices
- 3 bell peppers, different colors, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 1 head garlic, divided into whole peeled cloves
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh thyme, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place all the ingredients, except 3 garlic cloves and cheese slices, in a large, deep roasting tin.
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the vegetables are beginning to soften and turn golden brown. Stir occasionally as they cook.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place 3 garlic cloves and cheese slices in a food processor or blender and pulse into rough breadcrumbs.
- When the vegetables are ready, remove from the oven and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the ratatouille and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the crumbs are golden and crispy.