Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very yummy. It is also easy. The leftovers are great with pasta and it uses all those beautiful vegetables that are so plentiful in the summer.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 -2 small zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large Spanish onions or 1 large vidalia onion
- 2 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces goat cheese (Chevre)
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the eggplant unpeeled into 1" cubes.
- Cut the zucchini into 1" cubes.
- Cut the red pepper into 1" cubes.
- Cut the onion into large wedges maybe 8-10 pieces.
- Leave the tomatoes whole and also the garlic if using.
- Put all vegetables on prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and dried herbs.
- Drizzle with Olive oil. Use your hands to toss gently and coat everything with seasoning and oil.
- Bake at 350F for about 1 hour. Turn every 15 minutes.
- While it is warm toss with fresh basil and crumbled goat cheese.
Fabulous recipe! I added some cubed rotisserie chicken to the finished product and it is awesome! Love having a recipe that incorporates all the fresh veggies on hand for the season and the flavor is more than satisfying.
I had no idea it would taste as good as it did.... Love it
Oh this was very good. The kids liked that I made the food from the movie Ratatouille. I like that I got them to eat a whole bunch of vegetables! We weren't too fond of the goat cheese tossed on top. I think I would like to change it next time by putting some sliced Fontina on top while baking. Made and Reviewed for I Recommend Tag - Thanks! :)