Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from my daily newspaper. It is very good! We like to serve it with corn chips as a snack or along side tacos or enchiladas. It is also great to take on a picnic or pot luck if you add the avocado at the last minute You can easily double this recipe.
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- Roast until charred and blackened, the bell peppers (over a grill or under the broiler in the oven).
- Seal them in a plastic bag for 15 minutes and then peel away the skins and seeds.
- Cut in 1/2 inch dice.
- Add the jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix lightly.
- Stir together the lemon juice, tomato juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour over the pepper mixture and mix again.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to chill.
- Before serving add the diced avocado.
- Serve with your favorite corn chips or tortillas.