Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
roasted rack of lamb with mint crust with red wine and redcurrant jus
Make and share this roasted rack of lamb with mint crust recipe from Food.com.
- seal rack of lamb on a very hot pan.
- coat rack with wholegrain mustard and press rack into chopped mint.
- place rack in a hot oven and cook to requried taste.
- add minced garlic to pan and cook out.
- deglace pan with red wine and redcurrant jelly.
- reduce by half and whisk in 1oz of butter an season.
- in a seperate pan saute the leeks for two minutes in the remaining butter then add the shallots.
- cook out for another three minutes.
- add to the mashed potatos and mix together.
- make a large quenelle of the mash and place of centre of plate ladle sauce opposite the potato.
- slice lamb and place on top af the sauce.
- garnish with fresh herbs.