Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
roasted rack of lamb with mint crust with red wine and redcurrant jus
- 2 racks of lamb (8 oz each)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 fluid ounces red wine
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly
- 2 ounces butter
- 3⁄4 lb mashed potato
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 2 ounces whole grain mustard
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1⁄2 lb leek, finely diced
- seal rack of lamb on a very hot pan.
- coat rack with wholegrain mustard and press rack into chopped mint.
- place rack in a hot oven and cook to requried taste.
- add minced garlic to pan and cook out.
- deglace pan with red wine and redcurrant jelly.
- reduce by half and whisk in 1oz of butter an season.
- in a seperate pan saute the leeks for two minutes in the remaining butter then add the shallots.
- cook out for another three minutes.
- add to the mashed potatos and mix together.
- make a large quenelle of the mash and place of centre of plate ladle sauce opposite the potato.
- slice lamb and place on top af the sauce.
- garnish with fresh herbs.